In Gaza, more than 4,400 children have reportedly been killed in the last month. The rapid escalation in violence witnessed in the occupied Palestinian territory (oPt) is deeply alarming.
“The constant sounds of bombing every moment and thinking how we will get food… Words cannot describe what we are living,” said Lina*, 16, daughter of a Save the Children staff member in Gaza.
Children are cut off from the basics they need to survive, and over one million people have been displaced. Children’s lives and futures are at risk – we urgently need your support to protect them. Please donate today to children in crisis, where the needs are the biggest and most urgent.
YOUR $148 GIFT could provide 2 Hygiene Kits (jerry cans, water purification tablets for 10l of water, a bathing towel, and others).
Donate to save the lives of children in crisis.
We accept all major credit cards and PayPal
our response: DONATE NOW TO THE CHILD EMERGENCY FUND
In Gaza, a humanitarian catastrophe is unfolding. Access to food and water for Gaza’s children is diminishing by the hour as the siege and restrictions to entry of humanitarian aid continue. The escalation in hostilities in Gaza will push more families into food insecurity and put children’s health and wellbeing at severe risk.
We have the experience to limit the effects of disasters on children's lives - and our Child Emergency Fund is the key to unlocking this expertise. Thanks to your support, we can help millions of children in their darkest hour. Please give now to our Child Emergency Fund today.
Save the Children’s first truck carrying 45,000 bottles of water from Save the Children arrived in Gaza on Sunday 29th October. More lifesaving supplies have since entered. Our teams in oPt and across the region are ready to provide more lifesaving support as soon as it’s possible to do so:
1. Providing urgent food, water and winterization kits, with warm clothes and blankets, to families.
2. Setting up safe spaces for children and providing mental health and psychosocial support for children and their caregivers.
3. Deploying our Emergency Health Unit and procuring essential medical equipment.
4. Providing emergency e-vouchers and multi-purpose cash transfers.
5. Setting up temporary learning spaces and repairing damaged schools.
Our teams in Egypt are already preparing more trucks with hygiene kits, dignity kits, recreational kits, baby kits, drinking water, personal protective equipment, and medical supplies. We also have stocks of blankets and mattresses on the way, and we are preparing to support injured patients from Gaza as Rafah crossing partially opens.
In Lebanon and Syria we’re already assisting families who have been displaced.
This is only possible with support from donors like you. Please give what you can by donating to our Child Emergency Fund:
WHat can we do with your donation?
Our Child Emergency Fund is a central pot of funding for emergencies. It gives us the flexibility to respond quickly and wherever the need is greatest. Your donation will allow our response teams to react to emergencies around the world:
· $59 could provide a family with a dignity kit (towels, underwear) and baby kit (items to provide basic care to the child).
· $87 could provide a family with a food parcel (beans, hummus, canned tuna, olive oil and others) and 12 water bottles.
· $148 could provide 2 hygiene kits (jerry cans, water purification tablets for 10l of water, a bathing towel, and others).
· $580 could provide two households with cash voucher to help them buy essentials like food and water for one month.
Your gift is urgently needed for these children and their families. Donate now to save the lives of children in crisis.